24 February 2023
The Turkish Ministry of Family and Social Services has launched an inquiry page regarding the unaccompanied minors registered in the earthquake zone. You can make an inquiry by entering minors’ name, surname and ID number via the link below.
15 February 2023
Due to the effects of the earthquake across the country, the Council of Higher Education (YÖK) announced that the spring semester of the 2022-2023 university academic year will be completed through distance learning. Details on distance learning, measures to be taken, health programs such as medicine and dentistry, internship and workplace training and similar issues will be evaluated and shared with the public in the coming days.
13 February 2023
You can follow updated location information of pharmacies in earthquake zones at https://afet.teb.org.tr/html/afet-eczaneleri/.
13 February 2023
Announcement Link: https://www.afad.gov.tr/kamuoyu-aciklamasi-basin-duyurusu
On February 8, the Disaster and Emergency Management Presidency issued a public announcement on the identification and burial services of those who lost their lives in the earthquake.
In the statement, after the earthquakes, the epicenter of which was Kahramanmaraş on February 6, 2023 and which was felt devastatingly in our neighboring provinces, in order to ensure the fastest identification of those who lost their lives and the urgent delivery of their bodies to their relatives, and to ensure uniformity in identification and burial services;
1- Dead examination procedures will be carried out at the Provincial or District Chief Public Prosecutor’s Offices where the bodies are located, and the bodies will not be sent to neighboring provinces and districts,
2- Ensuring that the bodies are delivered to the hospital by handing over to the health or police officer with a report of which building and debris the bodies were taken out of, and including information on whether the deceased’s relatives or anyone who knew the deceased were present in the report to be prepared,
3- In the event that the identity of the deceased cannot be determined by identification by relatives or people who know them, the funeral delivery procedures are carried out after identification is made by methods related to forensic medical examination such as DNA, blood sample, fingerprints,
4-Burial of the bodies that cannot be identified and delivered to their relatives within 5 days by identification or forensic medicine methods; after DNA, fingerprint samples and photographs are taken, with the joint evaluation of the Chief Prosecutor’s Office and the Local Administrative Authority, and burial will be made in accordance with religious obligations and the location of the grave should be specified and recorded in a report.
In the statement, it was also stated that the bodies that could not be identified by relatives/acquaintances through identification or forensic medicine methods will be buried after a 24-hour waiting period after DNA, fingerprint samples and photographs are taken, and the location of the grave will be recorded and buried within the joint evaluation of the Chief Prosecutor’s Office and the Local Administrative Authority.
10 February 2023
- It was announced that education was suspended in schools across the country until February 20. (Ministry of National Education)
- Due to the earthquake, it was announced that all exams such as motor vehicle driving, mastership, journeyman and amateur radio operator exams in vocational and technical secondary education institutions, which were announced to be held in e-Exam centers across the country between 07 – 12 February 2023, will be held later. (Ministry of National Education)
- Universities in Kahramanmaraş, Adana, Malatya, Adıyaman, Hatay, Şanlıurfa, Diyarbakır, Gaziantep, Kilis, Osmaniye provinces affected by the earthquake have suspended education until further notice. In order to make dormitory and campus facilities available in case of need, the spring semester of education period in higher education institutions in Antalya, Bingöl, Elazığ, Erzincan, Karaman, Kayseri, Konya, Mardin, Mersin, Niğde, Sivas, Tunceli provinces has been postponed until a date to be announced later. (Council of Higher Education)
- International students in the provinces affected by the earthquake can contact Turkey Scholarships for emergencies through the call center 0850 455 0 982, [email protected] e-mail address or social media channels. (Turkey Scholarships)
- Şanlıurfa Harran University has changed the academic calendar, transfer and formation registration dates due to the earthquake.
- Kilis 7 Aralık University has extended the registration renewal process for the spring semester of 2022-2023 education period until February 13, 2023 at 17:00 due to the earthquake.
08 February 2023
Unaccompanied minors whose families and relatives cannot be reached in the earthquake zone should not be handed over to anyone other than the competent authorities for their safety and registration.
In order to report unaccompanied minors in the earthquake zone to state institutions, you can use below channels;
- ALO 183 hotline,
- by reaching out to the Police/Gendarmarie or,
- you can contact the Provincial Directorate of Family and Social Services.
You can reach the call center established by the Ministry of Family and Social Services for unaccompanied and separated children whose families and relatives cannot be reached in disaster areas at the following telephone numbers:
0 501 730 10 50
0 501 730 10 51
0 501 730 10 52
0 501 730 10 53
0 501 730 10 54
0 501 730 10 55
0 501 730 10 57
0 501 730 10 58
0 501 730 10 59
0 501 730 10 60
If you need translation support to report unaccompanied minors to the competent authorities, you can contact the Directorate of Migration Management – Foreigners Communication Center’s hotline 157 or the channels of this institution that provide 24/7 service via Whatsapp and Telegram.
Whatsapp: +90 312 422 04 00
This service is provided in Turkish, English, Arabic, Persian, Russian, German and Pashto.
08 February 2023
According to the statement dated 07/02/2023 made by the Presidency of Migration Management;
The obligation to obtain a travel permit for persons under international protection and temporary protection residing in Kahramanmaraş, Hatay, Malatya, Adıyaman, Adana, Gaziantep, Şanlıurfa, Kilis, Osmaniye, Diyarbakır and wishing to travel outside of these provinces has been temporarily lifted. It has been announced that if they apply to the Provincial Directorate of Migration Management in the provinces they are traveling to, they will be issued a travel permit for 90 days. This provision does not include travels to Istanbul.
If you are a registered asylum seeker residing in the above-mentioned provinces and had to leave your city without a travel permit due to the earthquake, we recommend that you apply to the Provincial Directorate of Migration Management in the province you have traveled to with your international protection or temporary protection identity document and obtain your 90-day travel permit to avoid any problems.
06 February 2023
The Presidency of Migration Management (PMM) announced that international protection and temporary protection registration procedures have been temporarily suspended and appointments postponed in several provinces, as a result of the earthquake which occurred on February 6, 2023. PMM announced that individuals whose appointments have been postponed will be given new appointment dates. Please follow the official website of the PMM (https://goc.gov.tr) and the relevant Provincial Directorates of Migration Management for further announcements.
Provinces where international protection and temporary protection application appointments are postponed: Adana, Adıyaman, Diyarbakır, Gaziantep, Hatay, Kahramanmaraş, Kayseri, Kilis, Konya, Mardin, Mersin, Osmaniye, Şanlıurfa.
PMM’s announcement: https://www.goc.gov.tr/duyuru2
06 February 2023
On February 6, 2023 an earthquake struck parts of Turkey, with Kahramanmaraş at its epicenter. If you have been affected by the earthquake and are facing an emergency situation, you can call 112. If you need interpretation assistance, you may reach the emergency hotline of Presidency of Migration Management (Foreigners Communication Center – YİMER) at 157 or contact the YİMER Whatsapp and Telegram channels, operating 24/7.
YİMER services are provided in Turkish, English, Arabic, Farsi, Russian, German and Pashto.