Education Updates for the Earthquake Zone
Announcement date: 10/02/2023
Last updated: 15/02/2023
- Due to the effects of the earthquake across the country, the Council of Higher Education (YÖK) announced that the spring semester of the 2022-2023 university academic year will be completed through distance learning. Details on distance learning, measures to be taken, health programs such as medicine and dentistry, internship and workplace training and similar issues will be evaluated and shared with the public in the coming days.
- On February 10, the Ministry of National Education issued a public announcement that education activities are suspended in schools across the country until February 20.
- Due to the earthquake, it was announced that all exams such as motor vehicle driving, mastership, journeyman, and amateur radio operator exams in vocational and technical secondary education institutions, which were originally to be held in e-Exam centers across the country between 07 – 12 February 2023, are now postponed. (Ministry of National Education)
- Universities in Kahramanmaraş, Adana, Malatya, Adıyaman, Hatay, Şanlıurfa, Diyarbakır, Gaziantep, Kilis, and Osmaniye provinces affected by the earthquake have suspended education activities until further notice. In order to make dormitory and campus facilities available in case of need, the spring semester of education period in higher education institutions in Antalya, Bingöl, Elazığ, Erzincan, Karaman, Kayseri, Konya, Mardin, Mersin, Niğde, Sivas, and Tunceli provinces has been postponed until a later date to be announced. (Council of Higher Education)
- International students in the provinces affected by the earthquake can contact Turkey Scholarships for emergencies through the call center 0850 455 0 982, via email at [email protected] or social media channels. (Turkey Scholarships)
- Şanlıurfa Harran University has changed its academic calendar, transfer, and formation registration dates due to the earthquake.
- Due to the earthquake, Kilis 7 Aralık University has extended the registration renewal process for the spring semester of 2022-2023 education period until February 13, 2023.