Accessing RRT’s Services
Refugee Rights Turkey (RRT) is an independent civil society organization headquartered in Istanbul. RRT offers specialized, free-of-charge legal information and assistance services to refugees, asylum seekers, and vulnerable migrants in Turkey.
RRT is specialized in assisting its beneficiaries with questions regarding registration with the Presidency of Migration Management (PMM, formerly known as the Directorate General of Migration Management or DGMM), various types of unfavorable decisions issued by the PMM such as deportation decisions and those impacting access to basic human rights. Depending on the location of the beneficiary, her or his vulnerabilities and the scope of the problem which they are facing, RRT’s team can offer a variety of services ranging from one-on-one phone counseling to drafting/submitting petitions, engaging in litigation, accompanying beneficiaries to administrative appointments, visiting beneficiaries being held in detention, and providing referrals to other service providers.
RRT can assist you if you are seeking information and support regarding any of the following subjects:
- First time registration for international protection,
- Various stages of the international protection application procedure, including status determination interviews,
- Decisions issues by migration authorities regarding your legal status:
- Negative status decisions (under the common and accelerated procedures)
- International Protection Evaluation Commission decisions
- Implicit withdrawal decisions
- Cancellation decisions
- Cessation decisions
- PMM procedures and services in general, including requests to change one’s city of registration or travel permits,
- International Protection Applicant ID or International Protection Status Holder ID card issues,
- Deportation decisions,
- Administrative detention or alternative measures to detention,
- Identification and protection of unaccompanied and separated minors,
- Family reunification requests of unaccompanied minors,
- Access to public health and education services,
- Information on available social assistance services in your area of residence,
- Access to other rights (civil rights, labor rights and those regarding housing, renting and owning property),
- Access to legal remedies (complaints to police or the prosecutor’s office regarding the breach of any rights).
Note: In response to the COVID19 pandemic and with the aim of ensuring the safety of all, RRT’s services are currently being provided remotely via telephone.
All beneficiaries may contact RRT and receive assistance via the telephone through the following numbers Monday through Friday from 09:30 until 17:30 in Arabic, Farsi, English and French languages.
RRT Refugee Helpdesk
This is the primary contact number for inquiries:
RRT Detention Helpdesk
Note: This number is dedicated to calls coming directly from individuals being held in administrative detention throughout Turkey, or from their family members or others who wish to bring a case of an individual under detention to RRT’s attention. Due to the urgency of such inquiries, we kindly request that all other inquiries be directed to the RRT Refugee Helpdesk by calling the number listed above.
RRT Helpdesk for Unaccompanied Minors
Note: This number is dedicated to calls from unaccompanied children under 18 and those who have recently turned 18 in Turkey and is meant to address questions on protections offered for unaccompanied minors in Turkey by PMM and the Ministry of Family and Social Services.